Friday, February 24, 2012

Next Year's Christmas Card

COLORADO • WINTER • SNOW SCENE • ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK


"In the Spotlight" 9 x 12, oil on double primed linen
Actually that's what I thought. I saw the sun hitting this little pine and thought "I will paint this and then make it into a card to send to family and friends next Christmas. I was still 'in the moment' and enjoying God's creation right in front of me but the thought did enter my head. In case you haven't noticed this is part of an ongoing series of Colorado winter scenes where I learn all the beautiful colors that make up the effect of light on snow. Advice for painting snow? I haven't used straight white yet and I don't intend to.

1 comment:

  1. Larry, your work is amazing! I saw this link from Andy's Facebook and I just had to comment. Hope all is well. -Brenda

    ReplyDelete